Sunday, September 11, 2011

Clogged drains.

When we moved into our house one of the first things we discovered was that every drain in the house was clogged. Both sides of the kitchen sink, both bathroom sinks, and the upstairs bathtub....all of them clogged. Thankfully our landlord took care of most of them. The upstairs bathtub, however, never got snaked. Evidently, that drain uses PVC pipe and the landlord didn't want to risk damaging the pipe. Um....thank you? So after a little research for some safe plastic pipe declogging ideas, I have decided to try baking soda and vinegar.  Yes, what every child uses to create a volcano... this is what I decided to try on my clogged drain.  The research I did said 1/4 cup baking soda followed by a 1/4 cup vinegar. Let stand for awhile and chase with boiling water. So far, it seems to drain a little better. We'll see how long it lasts.


I might try it again, and if that doesn't help things - I'll do a bit more research and try again. 

My next question for the internet is: Why does my husband's beard turn from blonde to red after a certain length?


No comments:

Post a Comment